Saturday 10 January 2015

Adorable Niece


Happy New Year!!! This is my first post this year. I made a layout using my 1.5 months niece. I am such a proud aunty. Lol. As proud as her parents. Lol.


For this one, I am trying to give a soft deamy look with a lot of tiny detail texture. First, a lot of texture on the background using doilies, lace, and stencil (Bo Bunny).  The paper I used is from Blue Fern which is one of my current favorite. I tore all the images along the edge and re-arrange them to frame the photo.

Here a closer look for you to see more details on the background. I used Ranger mat gel medium to glue the doilies and all the lace, then clear gesso everything. I brushed pink paint mixed with gel medium to create the translucent look. Texture paste is from Ranger (another awesome product).



The clock is from Tim Holtz Alteration clock die. Cut a thick cardstock, covered it with texture paste, then dabbed turquoise paint.



I made the tulle flower to match it with the baby headband. :)). Colored the inner part with the same paint and white gesso-ed the outer part. Stick some glass beads to give more texture on the frame.














It was inspired by :
1. Blue Fern Sketch Challenge. Click here.
2. Scrap Around The Wold January Challenge mood board that I enter. Really love the idea and mood they set. For more detail Click here.



Thanks for stopping by. Hope you like it !

8 comments:

  1. Wow very pretty and cute page and how precious is that little face on the photo! Great work, thank you for joining our challenge at SATW!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful layout! The background work is so soft! beautiful photo! A great job! All the best from SATW! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. So soft and beautiful! Thanks for joining us in the January Blue Fern Studios Sketch Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  4. very beautiful page Jeanny! So many details and layers and I love your use of mediums on everything. Great first post for 2015 too. Thanks for joining us at SATW and Blue Fern Studios!

    ReplyDelete
  5. OMG! This layout is gorgeous! I love the colours, softness, design and the precious photo!
    Amazing work!
    Thank you for joining at SATW!

    ReplyDelete
  6. oh so cute!! Love all the sweet pinks and details you have on your page, fantastic background work too! Thank you for joining the SATW challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is so soft and sweet! Love it! Thanks so much for sharing with us at SATW!

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a fantastic take on the mood board! Thanks for joining in at SATW!

    ReplyDelete